[Meeting Minutes Index]|
Wednesday Night, 6/9/04
For the general membership meeting held on the above date
At the following location:
Rob Sporrer's house
at Willowbrook Ranch
Opened meeting about: 8:15
- Welcome Guest & New Pilots
- Nathan Caceres
- P3 pilot from California. Colorful interactive character.
Quick with the one liners, but perhaps a bit elusive about details in
response to inquiries about who he is?
- Kevin Howe
- Lives at the ranch and has attended several meetings as a host?
Recently started flying with Eagle Paragliding. Has 3 high flights.
One each from The alternator, The Skyport, and Chiefs.
- Bill Bailey
- Ron Faoro
- Chris Grantham
- Bob Hurlbett
- Dan Keyser
- Benson Lamb
- Randall McCormick
- Chris Paul
- Brendan Pegg
- Konner Pegg
- Kristi Pegg
- Tom Pipkin
- Casey Rodgers
- Rob Sporrer
- Sharon Sweeney
- Tom Truax
- Minutes Ratified from last meeting held on: 4/14/04
- Treasurer Report
- Chris reported we have $732.83 in the bank. He has membership list
if anyone is not certain if they are paid for the year.
- Old Business
- SCPA Discussion Forum
- Casey and Chris Grantham fielded questions from the membership about
our new PHP BB discussion forum. If anyone is having trouble with a
feature, call or email Casey. He can answer questions from his cell
- Log in is necessary to activate some features like identifying new
- Recent activity will float old post to top of list
- Many viewing preferences are user configurable. Not sure if
there is a way to return to a "default viewing mode"
- Casey will try to have fields for member list set up by next meeting
- Email Address
- 2 phone numbers with a description of phone type
- Casey and Chris will work on a utility to insert pictures into the
- There was some discussion as to weather we want to link to pictures,
or insert them directly into the post
- East Beach:
- Rob discussed the new east beach LZ
- P4 only. We are on probation for another year, so let's avoid
another Tim incident
- Tim is still recovering from his injuries
- Watch for Kite Boarders
- Forrest Service Plan
- Rob indicates all our launches seem to be included as an accepted
activity in the pending Forrest Service Plan
- SBSA is monitoring planning phase of proposal to build on LZ property.
We recommend if, when, and what political action may be in our interest.
- Dan Keyser:
- Dan spoke about his recovery. He has some unpleasant dreams
about the pending impact. 6 weeks are completely gone. He is
rebuilding his relationships. May fly again. Has moved back
home. Going back to work is difficult. Spoke with Tom King,
advice; take time needed.
- The Rat Race
- Several pilots spoke about the competition. All thought it was a
good event and want to return next year.
- Moment of silence for Dixon
- Next Meeting
- Wednesday night, 8/11/04
- Bob Hurlbett & Sara Webber's house
650 Juanita Ave.
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
Summary & Close about 9:10
Rob Sporrer for his house and superb barbeque
Minutes by Tom Truax