For the general membership meeting held on the above date
At the following location:
Sharon Sweeney's house
5596 Calle Ocho
Carpinteria, CA 93013
Opened meeting about: 7.15
Welcome, Guest & New Members
||Local Pilot, First Meeting
||Sara'a Char's boyfriend
Minutes Ratified from last meeting
held on: 12/14/02
- Chris Paul reported $782.24 in the bank.
- We need to pay $22.96 for a check that bounced during the account
- The old account at Santa Barbara Bank & Trust that was in the Bob
Santoro's name (our second treasurer) was closed, and a new account opened
at the same bank in the name of South Coast Paragliding Association.
- The treasurer has signatory authority and the secretary has authority
to view account information.
- It cost $12 per month to have the business account in the association
name, but it is easier to handle transition of club officers, and checks
can be made out to SCPA..
- The address on the account will move with the treasurer.
- Wind Sensor
- Hesham couldn't be present because he moved to San Diego, but his
report was read at the meeting
- Further Discussion followed, and Dan Keyser accepted chairmanship of the
- East Beach
- Rob Sporrer outlined the details of SB City's pending East Beach Trial LZ
due to go into effect the first week in March
New Business & Announcements
- The association voted to change the
bylaws to reflect a
- The item was not considered an item of substance, and as such, no notice
of the proposed amendment was given
- There will be two address that follow the Secretary and Treasurer.
- Mail was not checked regularly at the old PO box in Montecito due to the
inconvenience. Having association mail go directly to the intended
recipient should improve efficiency.
- The SBSA is hosting a contest this coming weekend. Double D provide
- Tom Beidler
- Tom, Janna, Emma, & Max are moving to Portland. Janna took a job
- Radio Chatter
- The reoccuring problem of radio chatter was brought up
- Suggestions included
- Cell Phones: Try to use phones to cordinate retrevial if possible
- Instruction: Plan to use an alternate frequency instruction that
will generate signifigant traffic (the instructors already incorporate this
- Protocol is published at
7 PM, Tuesday, April 8th
Ron & Elizabeth Faoro's house
515 Conejo Lane
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
Summary & Close about 8:15
Sharon for her House & Chili