Big Sur Fall Party?

Club meetings, competitions, and event announcements.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Big Sur Fall Party?

Postby JohnE » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:30 pm

The SBSA site says that the Big Sur Fly In will be 10/25-26. I will be flying in from Virgina to attend (so I hope it is still on!). Count me in for camping, please.

I could bring my tent from VA if needed, but I wonder if someone local has an extra one that I can borrow? I will drive straight from LAX to the camp on 10/24 and can take up one other person, if anyone is interested. Likely will pass through SB about 2:30-3:00. Let me know (john@hopkinson.org) or 540-379-4348 if you want a ride.

I heard that the Bay Area crowd will be there the same weekend. Should be a blast. Looking forward to seeing some SBSA friends and making others.

I plan to stay in SB from Monday 10/26-Friday 10/31, so hope to see you on the Hill or in the mountains, then.
John Hopkinson
JohnE

Re: Big Sur Fall Party?

Postby sbkiter » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi John,
Yes it's on!!! And those are the correct dates. Carpooling is encouraged ;-) I think there are several people who are heading up Friday and want to fly that afternoon. Usually, people just meet up in front of the ranger station across from the main LZ when they get up there and arrange rides on Friday. Hopefully someone can help you out with a tent.
Cheers,
-Jon

https://www.facebook.com/events/339747976195286/

It’s that time to head up to beautiful Big Sur for our semi-annual camping/flying trip. So get your camping gear dusted off, flying gear ready and come on up and join us for the weekend!!!

We’ve got a two big group camping spots at Plaskett Creek campground, so bring your family and friends!

Big Sur is appropriate for all levels of pilots and partiers.

There will be a potluck on Saturday night for those who wish to participate.

Plaskett Creek Campground
Getting There:
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
35.91722, -121.465
35°55’2″N, 121°27’54″W

From San Luis Obispo, take Highway 1 north for approximately 60 miles to the campground.

From Monterey, take Highway 1 south for approximately 55 miles to the campground.
sbkiter

Re: Big Sur Fall Party?

Postby JohnE » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:51 am

Thanks for the info, Jon. No need to look for a loaner tent, now. I found out that I have to cancel my trip.
A total bummer, because you folks are such a great crowd. Hope to make it on a future date.
Wishing you great weather and safe flights,
John Hopkinson
JohnE

Return to Events, Competitions, Meetings