Personal Comments

Initial Forum related to Tony's Near Death Journey

Moderator: Moderation Team

Personal Comments

Postby bb_secretary » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:30 pm

This thread is intended for friends to post personal comments about Diablo by replying to this posting. You may also start new thread "topic" if you prefer by clicking on the Diablo Down Forum Link http://scpa.info/bb/forum/viewforum.php?f=15 and then clicking on the "New Topic" button. If you wish to comment on the incident itself, please start or use another topic thread.
bb_secretary

Patriarch

Postby sd » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Pam and I are praying for Tony and his family. Diablo has evolved over 40 years flying hang gliders from a cocky and sometimes abusive kid in the fast lane to our flying community's nurturing patriarch south of Rincon Point (I would have to say that Robert is Tony's companion patriarch north of the Point). There are a ton of fond and sometimes exhilarating memories from many years shared together and we are hopeful we will break bread together soon.
sd

A Toast to Diablo - May He Heal Well

Postby NMERider » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:53 pm

removed by author
Attachments
Sublimely.jpg
Last edited by NMERider on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
NMERider

Sad day

Postby craig » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:23 am

So sadden to hear about Diablo. I am hoping for a full recovery and we are thinking good thoughts for you! You may be low scratching, but you have been able to dig it out an get up many times before to continue on, you will this time too. Get well soon Diablo!
Get High, Go Far...
Craig
craig

Re: Personal Comments

Postby skrappy60 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Sierra and I (Ej Steele's wife Sue and daughter) are praying for Tony. Sad to hear of his accident. He is an amazing pilot and such a fun person. He was so kind to us after Ej passed and we want to send big hugs and lots of prayers to him and his family.

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" - Vincent van Gogh

Sue & Sierra Steele
skrappy60

Postby DeVietti_Marty » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Our thoughts and well wishes go out to Tony and his family. Get well, rest easy and recover. We wish you the very best.

Marty and Carmen
"I don't know if we each have a destiny or if we are all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze."

-Forrest Gump
DeVietti_Marty

Postby Skippy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Gosh, we just found out about this today... My heart just sunk... I'm in total disbelief of what I've just read...

Thank you for posting all this detailed info though, as it helps to process it all, and put some pieces together, and most of all, getting reassured that Tony will eventually get back on the road to recovery.

I surely hope he is out of critical care asap.

We are thinking about you, Tony! Hang in there...

Skippy
Skippy

Return to Diablo Down 6/30/12