Big Sur Closure?

Club meetings, competitions, and event announcements.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Big Sur Closure?

Postby pengoquin » Mon May 24, 2010 10:47 am

My reservations were just cancelled for 10-28/10-31. I called the resevation company and was told that all sites at Plaskett CG were closed for re-paving bet Oct 11 thru Oct 31. No call back from the park yet. Anyone else have any info?
pengoquin

Re: Big Sur Opening Next Week

Postby BobA » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:57 am

Gina Corrales says Paskett Creek Campground will open next week. That is more than a week before our planned dates. They intended to open this weekend but fell behind. :D
The sky is calling.
BobA

Re: Big Sur Closure?

Postby Skippy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:37 pm

Is the club still planning to camp on launch, even if the Plaskett Creek campground is open, or will you book the group site and people then have the option to choose to camp at launch or at Plaskett Creek?
I'm just trying to plan our weekend accordingly. Thanks!
Skippy
Skippy

Re: Big Sur Opening on Friday

Postby BobA » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Plaskett Creek campground is set to open Friday Oct 22. Reservation requires 8 days notice. Prior to that it is first come first serve for all the campsites prior to Saturday Oct 30. We can reserve this Friday for the 30th only...if we are early, I am sure we can dominate the group sites all weekend...I'll post on Friday if we at least have been able to get Saturday reserved. What is you preference ?
The sky is calling.
BobA

Postby dschuhl » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:19 pm

My fiance and I were hoping to join the group at Plaskett. I've never flown up there but know that Plaskett is great. Are there any facilities up at launch? What about dogs?
dschuhl

Postby BobA » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Join In ! There are no facilities up at launch except perhaps a few fire rings...we are seriously considering a porta john to tow along...limekiln and punta gorda have showers for rent...and dogs, well there always seems to be a big turn out - watch out for the three legged one always trying to sit on your foot :D
The sky is calling.
BobA

Re: Big Sur Udpate Monday Oct 25th

Postby BobA » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:09 am

Plaskett Creek campground is closed thru midweek. Wet weather is preventing the repavement slurry from drying. It will open Friday Oct 29th at the earliest. It may remain closed thru the weekend. If it opens, it'll be first come first serve.

So, we are planning on camping on top ! Plan accordingly. Cheers! :D

PS Weather looks good for flying ! 48-64 degree temps, cold front passes Friday, post frontal Sat & Sun 8)
The sky is calling.
BobA

Postby MikeR » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:10 am

Bob, et al,

Myself and a few other new PG pilots want to join the fun in Big Sur; we all just finished up our P2 with Eagle and have be flying a lot! I was wondering where and what time everyone is meeting on Friday?

Thanks,
Michael
MikeR

Postby BobA » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:13 pm

Mike,

People will drive up at various times starting today thru Saturday morning. Post a meeting time and place if you want to carpool. We'll all be gathering at the group campsites 2 & 3 at Plaskett Creek Campground, forty miles north of Cambria, four miles north of Punta Gorda, seven miles south of Lucia. 8)
The sky is calling.
BobA

Return to Events, Competitions, Meetings