Northern California Cross Country League- Finale: Owens Vall

Club meetings, competitions, and event announcements.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Northern California Cross Country League- Finale: Owens Vall

Postby jug » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:57 pm

The Finale for the 2012 Northern California Cross Country League will be held on 29th and 30th of September and 1st October in the Owens Valley.

Please meet at the Townhouse Motel in Bishop at 9am on Saturday 29th September ready to head up to launch.

If conditions are not favourable for epic off-the-chart flights the league meet will be postponed by one week. Final call to be made on Wednesday 26th by midnight.

Please let me know if you are bringing a high clearance 4 x 4 vehicle and or a driver. High clearance trucks and drivers get paid. Please let me know if you are bringing one or both out.

I have arranged a group booking discount at the Townhouse Motel in Bishop. Rooms (single, double, triples and quads) are $45 per night per room. Call the Townhouse Motel (760 872-4541) to make your
reservations. The Townhouse motel is centrally located in Bishop with east access to restaurants, and a swimming pool.

Owens Valley specific waypoint file can be found from this link:
http://www.santacruzparagliding.com/NCX ... points.wpt

I anticipate having a cylinder of O2 for those who need their cylinders filling. There will be a charge for this of $10 per fill.

Some pilots will be heading out early to get some flying on the Sierra side of the valley. Please co-ordinate on this list if you will be heading out early.

The league is open to all pilots - hang-glider and paraglider pilots are all welcome to attend. It is designed to train pilots in cross country flying by flying fixed routes with more abled pilots. The aim
of the league is not focused on racing but on getting pilots to fly as far as possible.

The league is set to help pilots of all abilities in improving their flying skills by flying set courses with other pilots. These are essentially a fly in with a mission. Pilots attending the league should be happy thermalling with other pilots and able to land safely not necessarily in the designated landing zone. Any pilots who can do this is more than welcome at the league.

There is a website devoted to the league: www.santacruzparagliding.com where you can find all the information you need for the league. If you wish to fly in the league please fill out the registration form on the website. If you have not filled out a waiver please bring one. In addition, there is a webpage http://www.santacruzparagliding.com/NCX ... imers.html
which explains how the league actually functions and how pilots can prepare themselves for the league and the weekend. If you wish to car pool, figure out places to eat or camp, please register with the yahoo groups (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SFBAPAXC/) so that you can co-ordinate with other pilots.

There is a charge for $15 per task for the league. $5 of which will go to the hired retrieve driver and the owner of any large truck that comes out to the league to help in getting to launch and retrieving.
If you have any questions about the league please let me know.

Hope to see you in the air.

Jug
jug

Re: Northern California Cross Country League- Finale: Owens

Postby pengoquin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Anybody from SB going to the Owens?
pengoquin

Re: Northern California Cross Country League- Finale: Owens

Postby FlyingBeto » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm In.
FlyingBeto

Return to Events, Competitions, Meetings