Big Sur Groups Sites Reserved Oct 14th and 15th

Club meetings, competitions, and event announcements.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Big Sur Groups Sites Reserved Oct 14th and 15th

Postby BobA » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:21 pm

It's that time again, The Santa Barbara Soaring Association’s semi annual Big Sur Camp-Out/Fly-In trip will take place on October 14,15 & 16.

Big Sur is said to be “one of the most beautiful sites in California”. In addition to the beauty of Big Sur, the flying site is special since it is suitable for novice to advanced pilots. It’s a great place for a tandem or a first high flight. Pilots and non-pilots always have a great ...time on our Big Sur weekend trips. The evening bon-fires are always uniquely entertaining (bring your instruments).

SBSA reserves two of the group camp site. If you'd rather camp in your own site, it's a first come first serve camping facility. Parking is always an issue so try to carpool if possible.

Info on Plaskett Creek Camp Grounds - http://www.recreation.gov/campgroundDet ... rkId=70161
The sky is calling.
BobA

Re: Big Sur Groups Sites Reserved Oct 14th and 15th

Postby Marge » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:18 pm

Looks like we're going to have a great turn out for Big Sur this weekend.

I know it's early but here's the forecast looks good!

Let's do a potluck BBQ on Saturday Night at the camp ground. Everyone bring your own main course and a side dish or dessert to share. Also bring your own drinks/booze and maybe a little to share with friends.

Remember to bring warm clothing for the evenings and sunscreen for the daytime. It can get chilly this time of year at night and there is not a lot of shade during the day on launch.

We plan on having some music in the evening so bring your instruments, guitars, bongos, drums, shakers, kazoo etc. There is a lot of talent out there so please be ready to step up and share. We'll probably do some fire spinning too so, if you them, bring them. Any toys and activities are welcome and encouraged.

Everyone normally arranges their own rides to launch. Most people will be arriving late Friday or early Saturday, Some people will be going up early and getting some flying in on Friday. I'm hoping to get there in time to fly Friday but haven't made final plans yet. If you have extra room in your vehicle or an extra driver, please let me know. If you need a ride up and can't find one, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

There will be several tandem pilots available who may still have tandem time available. If you want to hire a tandem pilot, you can let me know and I'll try to hook you up.

Remember parking is limited so try to do your best to car pool.

We have 2 group camp sites reserved which will give us plenty of room to party, have a major campfire and set up lots of tents. Don't forget your chairs.

Be aware, there are no shower facilities at the campground. There is a pay shower a few miles away for anyone who is desperate or really stinks bad.

Anyone think of anything else they want to share please feel free to post it!

Should be a blast! Please don't hesitate to call if you have any questions. 805-722-5222.

Here's to an epic Big Sur Weekend!
Marge
Marge

Re: Big Sur Groups Sites Reserved Oct 14th and 15th

Postby dschuhl » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:37 am

I'm looking to share the drive with someone heading up from the LA area. I can leave Friday afternoon so give me a call if you're interested. (951)295-8608

Dietrich
dschuhl

Return to Events, Competitions, Meetings