Paraglider enabled photography exhibit

Club meetings, competitions, and event announcements.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Paraglider enabled photography exhibit

Postby dschuhl » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:36 pm

George Steinmetz (an alumnus of the school where I teach) is an award winning photographer for National Geographic Magazine. Many of his works were made possible only by using his powered paraglider. He'll be attending the opening reception for a show of his work at my school this Sunday, May 1st (from 2-5pm) and I thought some of you may want to see his work and/or meet the paraglider-artist. I know North Hollywood is a bit of a trek for some of you, but the free food and entertainment should be well worth the trip especially if the flying stinks on Sunday. Below is our press release:

Award-winning photographer George Steinmetz ’75 will be exhibiting his photographs in the Feldman-Horn Gallery on the Harvard-Westlake upper school campus from May 1–26. An opening reception with Steinmetz will be held in the gallery from 2–5 p.m. on Sunday, May 1.

Address: 3700 Coldwater Cyn. Ave., North Hollywood, CA 91604.

The exhibition includes 38 images of Yemen, the Sahara, China, the Sudan, Brazil and many others. In order to capture his unique views, Steinmetz created a custom paraglider that silently soars above landscapes, often converting the terrain into pure abstraction. His powerful images offer a view of our world that no one has seen before.

Hope to see you there!

Dietrich
dschuhl

Return to Events, Competitions, Meetings