Figeroa Mtn Happy Canyon Bike N Fly

Club meetings, competitions, and event announcements.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Figeroa Mtn Happy Canyon Bike N Fly

Postby BobA » Fri May 07, 2010 8:27 am

We're going to camp next to the LZ at Figeroa Mtn next Friday, May 14 - May 15th. Multiple options to ride bikes and fly Figeroa Mtn and/or Happy Canyon will be entertained. Early rides, as well as afternoon and glass off flights should be happening. Evening campfire scene as it is still green. Cheers 8)
The sky is calling.
BobA

Re: Figeroa Mtn Happy Canyon Bike N Fly

Postby JimmyZ » Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 pm

Do we have a map as to where the location of the LZ is? I can post it on the homepage...
JimmyZ

Postby John Fritsche » Tue May 11, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm biwingual, and I've been to Happy Canyon. But I know nothing about Figueroa--is it doable with a hang glider? More so than HC?
John Fritsche

Postby BobA » Wed May 12, 2010 7:24 am

Yes, Figeroa Mtn is more HG-friendly than HC, since you do not have to hike a glider to launch...plus your considerably higher to start, so better soaring potential.
The sky is calling.
BobA

Re: Figeroa Anyone ?

Postby BobA » Thu May 13, 2010 9:38 pm

Chime in if your into going somewhere - it looks like low clouds and fog on the coast early the next few days - the clouds indicated Plowshare to Pine was happening today - with the road to Pine closed - Plowshare could be a good option. Not sure if those clouds are reachable from Figeroa. I'm considering going to Marshal this weekend since there are people into going there. Light winds are forecasted for the weekend. Good desert lapse rates to 14k for the next couple of days, tapering a bit Sunday.
The sky is calling.
BobA

Return to Events, Competitions, Meetings