So Cal XC League Owens Valley

Club meetings, competitions, and event announcements.

Moderator: Moderation Team

So Cal XC League Owens Valley

Postby Dean S » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:38 pm

For those of you planning on going to the Owens for the league meet, the meet will continue as scheduled on Oct 4-6th without me. Many of you know Jug that runs the Nor Cal XC League; he will be running the show for both our leagues in the Owens while I am away. Jug has held leagues meets in the Owens for some time now and he really has it dialed in – no worries. Both leagues will compete head to head and the scores will apply to both leagues overall totals. The hang gliders will be flying the same task as the paragliders for this meet. When I get back Jug will send me the results and I will post tracks and scores on the website and Leonardo. If someone can take some photos in the Owens and share them with me for the League gallery I would really appreciate it. I will be leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning and I will not be back until October 8th; unreachable until then. If you have any questions about the Owens meet, please refer them to Jug. You do not need to fill out additional registration forms or waivers for this event, the forms you filled out for the So Cal league apply to the combined event in the Owens as well. If you are planning on attending the Owens meet please send an email to Jug and let him know (email addy at bottom of page).

OWENS WAYPOINTS: The Owens Valley waypoints have been added to the So Cal XC league website. You will need to download these points before you go. Jug does have the ability to download the points for you in Bishop in a pinch, but he won’t be happy if a lot of you show up wanting downloads at the last minute. Please make an effort to download them off our website. Jug also has the waypoints posted on his site if you prefer to download from there. Don’t forget to check the downloaded points to make sure they are correct. Jug will have a map in the Owens for you to refer to. I’m also attaching the waypoints to this message.

That’s it – talk to you all in two weeks

Dean
http://www.usxcleague.com

Here is the post from Jug about the league meet in the Owens:

The October finale of the Northern California Cross Country League combined with the So Cal league will be held at the Owens Valley on 4th 5th and 6th of October. Please meet at the Town House motel in Bishop at 9am on October 4th. The league is open to all pilots - hang glider and paraglider pilots are all welcome to attend. They should be happy thermalling with other pilots and able to land safely not necessarily in the designated landing zone. All pilots must fly with a serviceable radio,reserve and GPS to be scored.

There is a website devoted to the league: http://www.santacruzparagliding.com where you can find all the information you need for the league. If you
wish to compete please fill out the reg forms (available online at http://www.santacruzparagliding.com/downloads.html) and email them to
me asap. You should also upload waypoints into your GPS unit before you come. Software and the waypoints file can be found at the league
website at the downloads page. The costs for each race is $10 per day for preregistered pilots and this is refundable if the task gets
cancelled. For those pilots not preregistered the cost per task is $15.

IMPORTANT, CHECK THE WEBSITE TO SEE IF I HAVE YOUR PILOT REGISTRATION DETAILS..

IMPORTANT. A discount rate of $55 per night has been arranged at the Town House Motel in Bishop (760 872 4541). Accommodation is filling up fast so book early.

IMPORTANT. Please let me know if you are bringing a 4x4 that can drive up to launch.

If you wish to car pool, figure out places to eat or camp, please register with the yahoo groups (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SFBAPAXC/) so that you can co-ordinate with other pilots.

The Cross Country league is an informal series of cross country competitions running from March through to October held at flying
sites within driving distance of the Bay Area. The league is set to help pilots of all abilities in improving their flying skills by
flying set courses with other pilots. These are essentially a fly in with a mission.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Jug
scpjka@gmail.com
When in doubt...TOP OUT!
Dean S

Return to Events, Competitions, Meetings