SO CAL XC LEAGUE

Club meetings, competitions, and event announcements.

Moderator: Moderation Team

SO CAL XC LEAGUE

Postby Dean S » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:42 pm

I’m FINALLY putting the wheels in motion for the Southern California XC League and I think it’s long overdue. Everyone had a blast during the SBXC a couple years back so I know this league will work out great. Everyone has been talking about wanting a league – so here it is. The Northern California XC League has been, and continues to be, a huge success. Some of you have been to their meets, so you know the league has a great format. I will be using the same format as the NCXCL with just a few exceptions. The league is open to both PG’s and HG’s and will be broken down into categories. The league is starting late this year so it will be abbreviated as compared to the plan for 2009. This will work well to get the ball rolling, spread the word, and work out any kinks before the league goes into full swing in 2009.

The first event of the series is this next weekend, August 23-24, at Marshall. I know, it's a long drive from SB but you guys better come out and support me 8) I know it doesn’t give much advance notice but I’d like to get four meets in this year and the only way to do it, all things considered, is to get one meet in late this month. I just put the website up tonight after working on it all last week. You’ll find all the details on the website. I will be adding more to the site but it has all the info you'll need for now. If you have any questions email me. Things are a bit rushed for this weekend so I could use all the help I can get in spreading the word. I heard that Michael Phelps will be attending the meets as well :wink:

Check it out
Email: dean@usxcleague.com

Also, I could use some input from some HG’s as to what categories I can break the HG group into. I’d like to keep it simple – any ideas?

See you this weekend, RIGHT!
Dean Stratton
Last edited by Dean S on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
When in doubt...TOP OUT!
Dean S

Re: SO CAL XC LEAGUE

Postby andy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:50 am

Hey Dean, Good on ya!

Can't make it this wkend.....working :(

Good Luck! Maybe you could send a post to the norcal guys?

Andy
andy

Postby Robb » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:28 am

An away game! Cool, count me in.

I'll be driving down Saturday (unless someone else wants to) so let's arrange a meet time and put on a good showing to support our national champion!

Robb
Cell: 805-990-5598
RaeLynn: 805-908-5162
Robb

Postby Robb » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:38 pm

I'm planning to head down Saturday AM, win the task and enjoy the ticker-tape parade and call from the President, then drive back Saturday evening. If you would like a ride and to bask in the reflected glory, let me know.

If you're driving and can give me a ride, I'll forgo the winning and parade, and use the force to help you finish first.

Let me know,
Robb
Cell: 805-990-5598
RaeLynn: 805-908-5162
Robb

Postby BobA » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:43 pm

Thanks Dean, I had a nice time flying Marshal last weekend. Saturday was good early, then deteriorated in the afternoon as the inversion pushed in, although people still managed to connect on the back ridge and have a go at the task, still burnt from a 24 hour trip to Vegas the day before I did not...so, I dodged many people out front before overcoming to beer suck and joining in on the festival in the LZ. :D I was ready on Sunday though, and it was better, the transition was easier, and very low saves were possible. :lol: See were I scraped one off the deck below Pine:
Attachments
Mashal Flight Sept 7 08.jpg
Sunday At Marshal
The sky is calling.
BobA

Return to Events, Competitions, Meetings