Forum split

Multifarious banter, club business, announcements & greetings.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Forum split

Postby Chris G » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:36 pm

I've separated the SCPA & SBSA forum topics as per the vote at the last meeting. I've created a new General News forum for news and info that applies to both. Stuff like.........this. If this isn't what the club had in mind let me know and I'll swap it 'round. We could actually leave it as 1 shared forum, and only split the Flight Discussion threads since any general discussion generally applies to all of us anyway. Lemme know!
Chris G
Site Admin

Re: Forum split

Postby Skippy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:14 pm

Hey Chris,

Thank you for all the work you've put into this forum, keeping it clean, well organized, and most of all, spam-free! This is great.

I'm fine keeping a separate forum for general SCPA or SBSA topics (such as club meetings, etc.), but I recommend you keep one same forum for flight reports.

We all share the same flying stoke, right? Isn't this what the Flight posts are about? This doesn't have to do with the club you belong to, or the type/color of wing you fly.

All pilots in SBSA and SCPA fly on the same days, and for the most part, the same sites, so it makes more sense to have one forum where all pilots can talk about and share their flights, and stoke.

And Stoke is what it's all about.
:-)

Skippy
Skippy

Postby Hammer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:09 am

I agree with Skippy!
Hammer

Postby JimmyZ » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:07 am

I'll second that motion.... :-)
JimmyZ

Postby irene » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:39 pm

I am confused about the reason behind this new separation. It looks like a complicated way to go back to two different entities, SCPA and SBSA. I can see how some pilots wanted to try to have a joined forum, and it was worth trying. But if we want to go back, why don't we just split as it was before? It seems to me that 1 forum with different categories depending on where you want to post is complicated and emphasize even more on the separation . I don't see any advantage, but I may be blind.
irene
irene
irene

Postby Allison » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:58 pm

for what it's worth- i thought the forum was going great. thanks for all of your hard work. :lol:

i don't want to go backwards- but i liked it the way it was.
now i have to click on 6 different areas instead of 2. i like to read what everyone has to stay. don't want to split up the clubs. it was actually feeling very united and nice for everyone to have one place to share and make posts.

again, thanks for your hard work.
Allison

Postby Chris G » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:26 pm

It doesn't matter to me either way. There were a few issues with the combined forum that were creating some tension and I guess there was a vote to have separate topic areas at one of the SCPA meetings. I can mix and match it any way you guys want as long as the two clubs agree. Rather than doing another full blown vote, maybe the presidents of the two clubs should chat about it and come to a conclusion. Don't forget to tell me how it turns out so I can actually make the changes discussed..;P
Chris G
Site Admin

Postby Chris G » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:22 pm

Well that was a short lived excursion into dichotomy. Apparently there was a re-vote at the xmas party and we're back in business as one forum.
Chris G
Site Admin

Postby Parma Chris » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:42 pm

:D
"FlynSB"
My YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/flynsb
My Picasa Pics --> http://picasaweb.google.com/FlynSB
Where I learned to FLY! --> http://eagleparagliding.com/
Parma Chris

Return to General