Spammers

Multifarious banter, club business, announcements & greetings.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Spammers

Postby Chris G » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:13 pm

Our bogus account registration count has been climbing steadily and some have managed to get through and post undesirable junk to our board. Apparently the spammers have come up with automated systems to get through the visual confirmation on the registration page. I took measures today to make it more difficult for them. Hopefully it works.

This board has been pretty successful for us and been running smoothly for a while now. Any suggestions on stuff we might want to change? Stuff that's annoying or cumbersome that I might be able to fix?
Chris G
Site Admin

Re: Spammers

Postby oj » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:46 pm

I think the website is looking good, but I had a feeling there was a hole in our spam defense. The last few days we have been getting 3-4 spams each day which is what we used to get in a week. Hopefully your patch will keep the little SOB's at bay.

As always, we appreciate your techie knowledge Chris. (You coming home for the Holidays?)
oj

Re: Spammers

Postby Chris G » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:11 pm

Seems to be working so far. We'll see how it looks in the morning. Since I made the change our spammer registration has gone from ~10 a day to 0.

Unfortunately I'm here through at least April. Since I left Ojai I've gotten about 35 hours airtime and haven't had my glider out of the bag in 3 weeks. I'm planning on spending some serious flying time this summer..heh
Chris G
Site Admin

Return to General