Ojai

Multifarious banter, club business, announcements & greetings.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Ojai

Postby Southside » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:22 am

So I checked the soudings for Ojai tomorrow as it looks like it will be our first real Santa Ana event of the season. Looks good with the top of the lift to near 6k.

Now I heard rumors that they are not going to issue permits until sometime in the spring so I called the ranger station up yesterday (not that I'd close down to go flying) to find out if they were true. They are. The person said that he didn't know when they would be opening the road, but that it wouldn't be anytime soon. But, I'm just wondering if there is something that we can do as a group to get them to change their position? Any thoughts?

John
Southside

Re: Ojai

Postby oj » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:41 pm

The reason for the closure we were given is that they are concerned that people will drive on the firebreaks. If that's true, we could go up with wooden stakes and streamer tape to close them off. It seems as if the Forest Service looks for any possible reason to close Nordhoff Ridge. Even a trace of rain on a Wednesday has kept the road closed through the weekend. It's my opinion that it is just easier for them to keep it closed. No permits=no people coming into the office and no need to patrol the road.
oj

Return to General