Ever fly in Durango, CO?

Multifarious banter, club business, announcements & greetings.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Ever fly in Durango, CO?

Postby dschuhl » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:54 am

Has anyone ever flown in the Durango area or have a contact for other pilots in the area? I've seen posts for the Falls Creek Launch but that's it.
dschuhl

Re: Ever fly in Durango, CO?

Postby John Hesch » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:38 pm

I was there for a couple of days a few years back. While at a park on the S.E. edge of town, a paraglider pilot cornered me after spotting my glider on my van and described a launch just above us. He talked of others nearby, so I think there is plenty of opportunity there.
John Hesch

Postby tommygun » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:01 pm

There are three main sites around Durango. Falls Creek, Mancos, and Cedar Ridge down by Aztec NM. Im not sure if the Mancos rd or falls creek is open yet. Falls creek is a bit of a hike if your have a H.G but I know people who do it. Send me a private message and I can give you more info. Are you P.G or H.G pilot? When are you planning on being in the area?

t-gun
tommygun

Postby Jimcooper » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:52 am

Hi T-gun I was looking at you posts concerning paragliding in the Durango area. Im a uk based pilot travelling in your beautifull country next June and would be intetested in flying here. Any information you could supply would be appreciated. Many thanks Jim
Jimcooper

Postby tommygun » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:51 am

Hi Jim, join the Durango Paragliding page on Facebook. This is where plans are made for flying around Durango. I or someone else will approve your request to join the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/867837053290289/
Not much flying in the winter but the summer flying can be good!

Tommygun
tommygun

Return to General