GPS recommendations

Multifarious banter, club business, announcements & greetings.

Moderator: Moderation Team

GPS recommendations

Postby JimmyZ » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:41 am

I'm looking to purchase a good GPS unit. There are so many out there.... Any recommendations on units, and best ways to mount them?

I'm not a fan of getting lost. 8)
JimmyZ

Re: GPS recommendations

Postby oj » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:48 pm

The Garmin 60 series and 76 series are the most widely used. If you have the cash for the color screen version, I recommend them. Much easier to see in direct sunlight. The Garmin website makes it easy to download the latest free software for your unit. I got the best deal through GPSDiscount.com. John.
oj

Postby Dean S » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:20 pm

Jimmy Wrote: Any recommendations on units, and best ways to mount them?

OJ's suggestions on units are spot on. For the money the GPSMAP 76s is still top gun in my opinion. If you've got the money, the 76csx is the latest bad boy but it'll cost you nearly double the 76s.

As to the best way to mount your unit that's a personal preference. If you smooth talk it you can usually sneak up on it from behind without having to take it out to dinner first. Use protection... :wink:
Dean S

Postby JimmyZ » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:46 am

Thanks for the advise... protection isn't really my bag, but I guess I should be a bit more cautious... :D

My GPSMAP 76CS is on it's way. Great deal at $315.00. Now... I've got a week to mount it. Dont worry, I'll be safe.
JimmyZ

Return to General