SCPA & SBSA Discussion Board Merger Details

Multifarious banter, club business, announcements & greetings.

Moderator: Moderation Team

SCPA & SBSA Discussion Board Merger Details

Postby Chris G » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:22 pm

SA has been added as a moderator and the SBSA logo and link have been added. How do you guys want to handle the forums? Do we want to have a forum for SBSA Business and SCPA Business or just merge them both into the General forum?
Chris G
Site Admin

Re: SCPA & SBSA Discussion Board Merger Details

Postby Robb » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:41 pm

Getting agreement on this type of thing will be a challange over the summer while people are traveling, and the SBSA board has been taken down due to spam; why not create a "SBSA General" forum untill both groups get a chance to meet and agree? This would go right along with "flight discussions" and "general" and give a unique place to post while things are worked out.

Robb in Camden, Maine.
Robb

Postby Skippy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:50 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for welcoming SBSA to this forum and making the updates to the site. I think it will be great to have all local pilots share flying stories on one forum.

My own recommendation would be to keep one forum page for all flights (SCPA+SBSA), since we usually fly together at the same sites, and often report on the same flights. So, it makes sense to me to have one page for everyone's flights. It also keeps it simple and less confusing.

On the other hand, I would have a separate "General SBSA" page for SBSA club issues, non-flight SBSA topics, etc.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks again for making the updates.
Skippy - SBSA Prez.
Skippy

Forum Index

Postby secretary » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:15 am

We can certainly list more forums, however, excessive boxes will require more rummage time from our readers to ascertain current affairs. The volume of association business is small, so it is my personal opinion that it will all fit under general. If an item is important, it can be listed as an announcement which will keep it at the top (announcements should be time limited).

Give the options a week or 2 to emerge and settle. If you still want a separate SBSA section, then we can create as many as you wish with whatever titles you prefer.
secretary

Re: Forum Index

Postby Skippy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:56 am

I tolly agree with keeping it as simple as possible. I'm personally fine sharing one "General" section for now. We can always reassess the need for additional pages a few weeks from now, if we feel there is a real need for it. Thanks.
Skippy
Skippy

Postby Ramey » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:12 pm

Congratulations on a very nice job.

Robert Ramey
Ramey

Postby JimmyZ (aka James Zender) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:05 pm

I think the merger will work out great. I'm sure everyone will benefit from this change. Thanks for allowing us to join!
JimmyZ (aka James Zender)

Return to General