xt 16 speed wing

Multifarious banter, club business, announcements & greetings.

Moderator: Moderation Team

xt 16 speed wing

Postby gary begley » Tue May 05, 2009 2:53 pm

http://www.flyozone.com/speed/en/products/gliders/xt-16

I have been flying this wing the last 5 days in Bishop....SUPER FUN :)))) If you get a chance to fly one...do it :)

Quick posting i did on paragliding forum:

just recieved the wing last week from Matt G with Ozone with the objective of using the XT-16 for new adventures in mountain descents. I have been flying paragliders for five years (my current wing is an Addict R and my tandem wing is the lightweight 38 magnum). As for speed wings, I have just a few experiences flying them in the past. After receiving the XT-16, I headed straight to Bishop (Sierra Nevada California) with the sight of spending one month in this beautiful range doing mountain descents. After my initial nerves of the first flight, being new to speed flying, I had all of the concerns that most would have. However, the anxiety quickly subsided once I took flight and saw how gracefully and comfortably the wing flew. I took off in very light conditions and right away was amazed at the glide this small wing had. The control input was precise and responsive, but not extreme for a novice speed flyer with a paragliding background. As for the landing...perfect!

I have noticed on this topic, the majority of pilots are discussing flying the XT-16 as a high wind, soaring wing for that I have no information, or interest in that particular type of flying. But for those of you looking for hike and fly adventures around the world, this could be the wing for you. As for me it is it has opened up a new inspiration and reignited passion for flying.

Gary Begley
http://www.garybegleysports.com
Last edited by gary begley on Thu May 14, 2009 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
gary begley

Re: xt 16 speed wing

Postby cortf » Thu May 07, 2009 6:50 am

Sounds like fun , Gary....where have you been hiking/launching from ??? Any pics ?
Cort
cortf

Postby gary begley » Fri May 08, 2009 2:44 pm

will have some poser video and shots after trip ; ) Thanks for asking ... but more important when you coming?
gary begley

Postby Morgan » Wed May 13, 2009 6:09 pm

C'mon, Gary, if you can take a picture of the rattle snake I know you can post a couple of you flying that wing. Isn't your girlfriend with you? You make it sound really fun. I would like to try it. How long are you going to be up there anyway? Don't get bit.
Morgan

Postby gary begley » Wed May 13, 2009 6:49 pm

I told all you peeps to come on out for some fun...but wait its not a tour : )
Yes Morgan my girl comes out on the weekend but rest of the time solo : ) Hiking in dark and taking self portraits does not make for awesome flying shots and speedflying does not really allow for in air shots ; ) but will for sure do my best to get you some...just a few for now , for your bedside ; )))))
IMGP1741.JPG
IMGP1762.JPG
IMG_0047.JPG
gary begley

Postby Morgan » Wed May 13, 2009 6:57 pm

Damn Gary, you are such a hunk!!!
Morgan

Postby gary begley » Wed May 13, 2009 7:03 pm

so, i will say it again...come on out if you want to fly or climb.I hike at night and speedfly at sunrise when conditions allow...the rest of the time go climbing and research lines to speedfly (lots of driving and google earth)plus paragliding too (tandem flights)...if any interest in joining drop a line, should be in town 2 more weeks but may have to hit Vegas for a little hucking : )

YAhhh Morgan... but you are still a firefighter ; ) You guys get all the chicks : )
Last edited by gary begley on Thu May 14, 2009 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
gary begley

Postby Morgan » Wed May 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Yeah, well....anyway, I am going to try to get up there. In the mean time keep having a blast and be...well just have fun. The word I was going to use doesn't really apply to you. Later brosky
Morgan

Postby gary begley » Tue May 19, 2009 11:11 am

Damnn...still having fun in Bishop : ) Sierra Nevada aka Sierra ,High Sierras, Sierras or for those with bad grammar Sierra 's : )
gary begley

Postby gary begley » Sat May 23, 2009 9:00 am

Damn...back in SB after 3 great weeks: speedflying, paragliding and climbing! What happened to all you smacktalkers that were going to come out? You missed it. Rather than posting lengthy details of the many speedflying descents and adventures had while in the Sierras, aka Sierra's, High Sierras, Sierra Nevada, and most importantly big ol' bad ass California mountains, give me a call to learn more on speedflying descents or the potential in this great playground.

www.garybegleysports.com

Tim this is Pocketopia and walking up Mcgee...
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... =618221721

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... =618221721
gary begley

Return to General