SBSA Photo and Video Contest

Multifarious banter, club business, announcements & greetings.

Moderator: Moderation Team

SBSA Photo and Video Contest

Postby Marge » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:02 am

SBSA Photo Contest

Please consider entering the SBSA photo contest. Photos and/or video entries can be brought to the monthly meeting on either a DVD or a thumb drive. If you cannot attend the meeting, entries can be emailed to Randerson321@hotmail.com. Please make sure to specify the entry category and pay your entry fee as soon as possible.

All entries must contain either a paraglider or a hang glider or both.
Categories:

1. Best local photo
2. Best local video
3. Best travel photo
4. Best travel video
* Local Shots = Santa Barbara/Ventura County

Photos and videos will be shown at monthly club meetings. Monthly winners will be voted on at the meetings. There will be a fee of $1 per entry.

All photos and videos will be posted and entered into the year-end contest. Winners of the year-end contest will be voted on by the members in an online poll.

Monthly winners in each of the four categories will win a special surprise (to be determined).

Annual winners will receive a cash prize as follows:

1st and 2nd place in the following categories:
1. Best local photo
2. Best local video

1st place in the following categories:
1. Best travel photo
2. Best travel video

1st place winners in each of the categories will each receive 20% of the total entry fees.
2nd place winners in the local categories will each receive 10% of the total entry fees.

Photos will be published on the SBSA web site. As a club fundraiser, we may create a calendar, photo book and/or DVD from photos and videos that are collected through out the year.

*Anyone can submit a photo but if they were not the photographer, they need to get permission from the photographer.
Marge

Re: SBSA Photo and Video Contest

Postby Bo Criss » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:13 pm

Should the photo be taken the month that it is judged? Or do you want people to submit old photos from years gone by?

I'm hoping that they be at least taken in the 2009 year,

Bo
Bo Criss

Postby Marge » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:08 pm

Good question Bo. I don't know the answer. The goal is really to get some good photos together to share and possibly put together a calendar or DVD or something in the future. So since we have no rules in place about when the photos were taken, I think we have to leave it open and then we can discuss it at the meeting this month. I think the preference would certainly be for more recent photos but there might be some really killer photos people have yet to share from the past. Uh, I guess it's up for discussion. Anyone want to chime in their thoughts?
Marge

Postby Chris G » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:46 am

You could start a new topic with a Poll. See who wants to do it and how. The Poll options are at the bottom of the page when starting a new topic.
Chris G
Site Admin

Postby Simon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:08 am

How do you want the photographs to be submitted? Do they need to be framed?
Simon

Postby DBLD » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:50 am

Simon wrote:How do you want the photographs to be submitted? Do they need to be framed?

Minimum 24x 28 gold leaf frame?! :lol:

DD
There's no time like airtime and no place like cloudbase!
DBLD

Return to General