Video any Suggestions

Multifarious banter, club business, announcements & greetings.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Video any Suggestions

Postby K Genius » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:48 am

Don't know much about video. but I am reading and learning. Anyone got any suggestions on a helmet type video cameras please chime in. I like the idea of it being on the helmet but maybe that's not the best place. The camera I have now is not a video camera first but it will make 15 minute shorts. I did film my first flight yesterday and its was very interesting to watch how I handled my approach to Parma LZ. I have only landed there about 10+ times (new P2) and thankfully Parma Chris has not found me a good subject for YouTube. It was a good learning experience to review the video as I was able to see what changes I needed to make to improve my approach. I watched Bo land at Parma yesterday and that was good to see because he made a beautiful approach and landing. My approach to final was a little to far east of the oak tree line on the east side of Parma and I just made the field. Almost YouTubed it. I am going to get myself a camera that is more suited for the task an see what I can learn from this process. What camera are you lovin ?

Ken Henius
K Genius

Re: Video any Suggestions

Postby oj » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:08 am

Lots of info available on the international forum.

http://www.paraglidingforum.com/viewforum.php?f=43
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.- J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
oj

Re: Video any Suggestions

Postby pengoquin » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:33 am

I have been using a Go Pro Hero and it has been doing a great job for You Tube quality videos. For me it has the two most important features of being SIMPLE and LIGHT. The water proof body and lots of mounts are an added plus.

http://www.flyaboveall.com/gopro/index.htm
pengoquin

Return to General