Big Sur TFR

Multifarious banter, club business, announcements & greetings.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Big Sur TFR

Postby Ben H » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:03 am

Check it out http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_8_1451.html

It looks to me like the flying site is within the TFR. Shall I call the Oakland center and get and update and a waiver if possible??

Ben
Last edited by Ben H on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ben H

Re: Big Sur TFR

Postby Ben H » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:31 am

I called the Los Padres number on the TFR page and spoke with Amy to try and get a waiver- No luck there. Anybody else want to give it a try for a waiver go for it. For now, it looks like it's a no fly zone.
Ben H

Re: Big Sur TFR

Postby DBLD » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:12 pm

I just mapped out the TFR and we are inside it by a couple of nm. from the ground up. My guess is that an act of congress could get us a waiver, but.... as of right now I am very bummed. :evil:
There's no time like airtime and no place like cloudbase!
DBLD

Re: Big Sur TFR CANCELING TRIP

Postby BobA » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:16 pm

We are looking to slide our already paid group campsite fees at this time. We have until the end of today to do that, or else eat the cost. We can reserve for March or April with the current fees paid.

Unless I read otherwise by more than a few, both sites are going. The majority of our group goes to fly but if many want to still go there, speak now we can still keep one.

Other venues should be discussed since many of us are ready to leave somewhere for the weekend.

Thanks,
Trez
The sky is calling.
BobA

Return to General