Wills Wing T2C

Stuff....For sale!

Moderator: Moderation Team

Wills Wing T2C

Postby DBLD » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:13 pm

Wills Wing T2C.

This is a report of Tom Mayer’s glider. It has had the sail dismounted and the frame short packed. The goal here is to find out if there is capitol in this glider to be remunerated to the family. The glider survived the crash quite well. Upon initial examination of the glider there was a broken downtube, tip wand, mangled nose plates, and of course a broken long beam at the cross bar connection. The connection between the two cross bars remained intact. Many (3-5 on one side and at least 6 on the other) of the ribs broke in the batten pockets and were carefully removed.

After closer and more critical forensic inspection the following was found:
• The nose wires are missing.
• The keel has a significant double dent at the top of the cross bar connection.
• The inner right leading edge has a slight bend.
• The inner left leading edge has a slight bend.
• The downtube apex hardware is twisted.
• The left crossbar is deformed @ left leading edge junction
• The sail needs several repairs, most to the under surface, with a couple spots to the mylar upper surface.

As said earlier, the goal is to get some monetary satisfaction for the family. The carbon parts are ok except for the left crossbar and that can be repaired (my opinion). The base bar could use a fresh coat of resin, but seems to be in good shape. The carbon leading edge inserts are ok.

It would be best to consider this a package (basket case) as opposed to individual parts. All thoughts and offers considered (no trades).

Post or send a PM
There's no time like airtime and no place like cloudbase!
DBLD

Re: Wills Wing T2C

Postby zippy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:31 pm

This could be a good buy for someone with a T2 who would like some upgrades. All 4 Carbon sprogs are good. The Carbon Basetube looks OK. The Carbon LE inserts are slightly damaged, but completely functional. One Carbon Aft LE is good, the other has elongated (cracked) holes where it connects to the front LE. Fresh T2 154 glider bag.

There are other usable parts, and yes, the whole glider could be rebuilt, but I see this as a great upgrade deal.
"To obtain a bird's eye [view], is to turn a blizzard to a breeze" Incubus
zippy

Postby DBLD » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Just wanted to give this a bump. Not only is there an entire package to be rebuilt into a t2c, but there is a PVC storage tube to go along with it. All for about the retail cost of the carbon base tube that is included. :idea:
There's no time like airtime and no place like cloudbase!
DBLD

Postby Steeple Chase » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:25 am

Hello;

Is the T2C 154 parts glider still available?

If so I would like to acquire it?

I have a T2 I would like upgrade.

Regards,

Ben 408-309-8182

benrsos@yahoo.com
Steeple Chase

Return to Gear For Sale