Paddle Out Memorial and Service Sat June 12

Tom Mayer Died Saturday in DBLD's arms at Andy Jackson Flight Park

Moderator: Moderation Team

Paddle Out Memorial and Service Sat June 12

Postby bb_secretary » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:47 am

There will be a paddle out memorial for Tom Mayer this Saturday at back side of Rincon Point at 10 am, followed by a service at Lions Park in Carpinteria at 12:30

Participants for the paddle out are meeting in the west parking lot off Bates road and accessing the beach down the stairs. Lions Park is off foothill road near Cate School. http://lionspark.com/map.html

Tom's daughter Jennifer Savard from San Antonio Texas is in town handling the arrangements. She welcomes all his friends, including our flying community to attend.

Tom's obit was posted in the Carpinteria Costal View Paper and the Santa Barbara News Press this Thursday
see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1903 or
http://paraglide.net/log/amigo/tom_maye ... d_obit.htm
Last edited by bb_secretary on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
bb_secretary

Re: Paddle Our Memorial @ 10 am Sat & 12:30 Service

Postby rob mayer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:34 pm

I am tom mayer's brother rob, I just want to thank the hang gliding community for all the nice posts
and words about tom. The family would love to have you come to the celebration of tom's life and hear
your stories and experiences of his hang gliding life he loved so much. thank you so much,
Rob Mayer. call me or e-mail if you need info.
rmc962@cox.net / cell 886-9399
rob mayer

Re: Paddle Our Memorial @ 10 am Sat & 12:30 Service

Postby Danggirl » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:23 pm

In lieu of flowers and for those of you who can not attend Saturday, Rob Mayer has asked me to pass on that Tom was involved with The Cloud Base Foundation www.thecbf.org. Donations can be made through the website. For more information, please do not hestiate to contact me at coraleewray@gmail.com
Danggirl

Return to Tom Mayer RIP 6/5/10