CSS Forum Link

Postby bb_secretary » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:14 am

The link to the Crestline Soaring Society Discussion Forum is
http://www.crestlinesoaring.org/forums/css_pilots_forum
bb_secretary

June 5, 2010 / Margret

Postby bb_secretary » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:02 pm

Dear friends,

Yesterday was a day that we will never forget.
We will fly and we will remember.
Tom died from his injuries. Our thoughts, prayers, and love go to his family and friends and the members of the Santa Barbara Club.
Bill is going to be okay. We wish him a fast and complete healing.
We are in pain along with the organizers of the competition and assure them that they have not caused these tragedies.
Thank you’s to all the quick responders and the members of the San Bernardino Fire Department and Mercy Air.

I care deeply for all of you and for Crestline Soaring Society.

Megret

posted to the SCPA forum on behalf of Margret Olewiler by a SCPA forum Secretary
original posting on the CSS forum at
http://www.crestlinesoaring.org/forum/20100606/3344
bb_secretary

To All Pilots

Postby bb_secretary » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:51 am

To all the pilots in attendance at the CCS event Saturday, 5 June, 2010.

While we say our good-byes to one of our brothers and at the same time, we send our prayers for a speedy recovery for another, I continue to be in awe at the courage to live the dream of living flight by these brothers and sisters of the air in attendance.

I thought long about what to say of Saturday's events, in that, I thought it best to thank all of you for allowing me to meet, you, fly amongst you, learn from you and dream with you. To be in the company of such excellent people, at your best of times, and at some of the worst of times, the experience is more human than I have words for.

I leave you all with this prayer; May the lord our God hold close those who have left us, may they fly blue skies, gentle winds over splendid heaven, and for us still here, may the lord our God keep you, protect you, and, may the lord our God wipe away our tears as we morn the loss of a brother. AMEN.

We share the air together, we borrow forgiveness from gravity when we can, at times, we beg mercy from the ground, we continue these things until the day comes when God gives us wings of our very own. Blessed am I to know you, blessed am I that you share the sky with me, you've given me kinship.

Goodbye Tom, God speed to Bill on healing, for the rest, I await the time where we again gather at the LZ after beautiful flights see us safely to the ground again.

-Dennis

posted to the SCPA forum on behalf of Dennis Duvall by a SCPA forum Secretary
original posting on the CSS forum at
http://www.crestlinesoaring.org/forum/20100606/3344
bb_secretary

Return to Tom Mayer RIP 6/5/10