ROBBED!

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

ROBBED!

Postby Dean S » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:37 pm

I had such high hopes today for XC but we were ROBBED! The mountains were socked in all day and it forced all us lemmings to the training hill. It was a little crowded but the hill was definitely working. From the time we arrived; 10:30 ish, until around 3:30 everybody was getting up. 20 to 30 minute flights were common with a couple 40 to 50+ minute flights as well. At times there were 6 or 7 gliders gaggled up a few hundred over, everybody was smiling. There was a surprise visitor at the hill today as well and it looked a little like Pipkin. As pipkin was kiting I think I heard him say something like, "Yeah, I've still got it". It turned out to be one hell of a fun day. I didn't miss the mountains at all today.

A little bit of the action:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fllspdahd ... .dir=/4006
Dean S

Re: ROBBED!

Postby Ron M » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:21 am

It doesn't look like the layoff left Pipkin too rusty - he was kiting like a champ. I snuck up behind him while he was kiting and caught him whispering "Who's your Daddy?" to his wing Saturday. After he packed up he was struttin around the training hill like a rooster and there even was one unconfirmed report he did the Icky Shuffle in the parking lot and screamed, "You topa punks ain't sh*&".

Pipkin's back and apparently he's pissed.

It was an awesome day at the training hill - probably the best day I've ever seen there. There must have been 10 wings in the air at one time...all above launch. A convergence came through I'd say about 2:30 and made it all so easy. Greg Brown was seen working it even an hour later. It was the highest I've ever been above launch at the training hill.

A beautiful day...
Ron M

Return to Flight Discussion