Chief Sunday

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Chief Sunday

Postby Chip Bartley » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:26 am

10am
My assistant Mike was nice enough to drive chase for the the motley crew of Art, Andy D., Marty D., Randall, mini Mike, Robb M. and myself. We arrived to find decent sycles and a beautiful day. Marty launched and soon to follow was Mike and then me. The rest followed in short order and we found at the house thermal and then worked our way out front where it seemed to be better. Slow but sure we worked our way back toward the peak and tried to bench up as much as possible. Art lead the way to stooges and Marty, Andy and I were close behind. Stooges was active and I tanked up there and headed out to Bruces with hi expectations as I saw Marty making circles at what looked like 800-1000 fpm. Got to Bruces and started climbing in some really strong conditions that seemed abrupt to say the least. Ended up flying around Nordoff for a while and went on glide to the High School. Once Marty and I got to the high school we found ourselves in some of the most active air I have felt for a while. Once again I had to work to get down. Not complaining but after a while enough is enough. Long story short, the flight was surprisingly good considering the weather forecast and all but one of us made the high school.

peace,
Chip B
Chip Bartley

Return to Flight Discussion