Cheif (labor day)

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Cheif (labor day)

Postby Chip Bartley » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:42 pm

Sweet day at Cheif. Ron, Bob, Art, Andy D. and I headed up at about 1030. cummies were popping over Pine like cotton balls all the way down range and super high. There were several spotted sweet spots over Cheif and cycles were long and strong. Back to back launch with Ron Faoro leading the way with a lower back issue and still hanging tuff. We hit the house thermal and before you knew it you were at about 8k and loving life. Art and Andy had headed East and I didn't see them until they were well ahead. Ron and Bob headed North toward Pine and hit some head winds so I decided to head toward 3 stooges. So much for the stooges. I was so specked out I continued on to Nordoff and neandered toward the Nut House. At that point Art was reporting success heading East and it was on. I would describe it as a free for all and everyone excited to be in the Mountain air..... Finally. I was doing A-Syms and not loosing a inch of altitude. I headed toward the High school after a while and was so high I took a tour around the valley and continplated heading to S.B. with the Labor day traffic and no Chase I quickly put the kabosh on that not to mention I was a lone wolf and had never done it before. As I heard Art again announcing the approach t Santa Paula continuing to Filmore I had anxiety wishing I had followed. Bob and Ron weren't very active on the radios but I suspected they went OTB and were loving life thinking about our discussion on the ride up of trying to bounce to Pine from Chief and avoiding the closures. Anyhow after a while I heard them aproaching the Propeller field to pick up the car. i was cruzing at about 23 mph toward Ventura and decided to turn back due to an appointment with a client believe it or not. ( deal is good to go John). A-syms and a b-line stall to decend to a smooth landing at soul park. Ron and Bob picked up Art and Andy in Filmore and I walked across the road to my appointment right on time. what a great day!!

We really need to rally for PINE as soon as it opens. Happy Labor day compadres.

:!:
Chip B
Chip Bartley

Return to Flight Discussion