Saturday July 14

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Saturday July 14

Postby Robb » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:33 pm

At 7:30 I had my boots on and gear ready, then OJ calls to say it's too overcast and there will be no heating. At 8, Art calls and says we've got Eddie and are going regardless.

So at 10, Art and Andy, OJ and I meet at NHS. Dean and Ron M got a 2-for-1 mud mask and facial deal in Chatsworth so they couldn't make it. A lone Hang pilot arrived, but when we passed the white van on the way to Rose valley, his gear wasn't on board; guess he didn't make it. We picked up Eddie and his double backpacks of medical miracles and headed to Chiefs.

Art demonstrated proper parawaiting with his beach chair and umbrella, while Andy launched and got right up at the spine. Art soon followed but had to work down the spine to get up. I was able to connect at the first bump and get high enough to see that Andy was working really hard with the east wind and had gotten low at east repeater. Art headed west and I soon followed as OJ launched.

Conditions had been pretty active at Chiefs; at Bruce’s point it was load up and hang on. Art was already on his way to the high school to claim his hamburger, so when I got to 46 I took off. Part of me wanted to do a lap at twin peaks, but the sensible part decided to wait for a day that wasn't part Bruce Lee movie.

Andy made the college, the rest of us NHS. Afterwards OJ and I met up with Sparky for a sandwich. Good (short) day.

1102 up
1142 down
5440 max alt
40 minutes.
Cell: 805-990-5598
RaeLynn: 805-908-5162
Robb

Return to Flight Discussion