Horse & Blossom

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Horse & Blossom

Postby Chip Bartley » Tue May 22, 2007 8:20 am

Well after the day at Torrey on Saturday I decided to stay the night and head out to the mountains Sunday with a local pilot Brent. We met at 10 and got held up for a while having breakfast. Big mistake. When we arived at Horse, we saw one truck and no one on launch. Conditions were strong and at that point we figured the morning opportunity was over. We tuned to the local frequency and heard two pilots in all there glory reporting 11k over the lake which is a nice XC flight for the site. Anyhow you can imagine how tweaked we were that IHOP was so busy.

The afternoon made up for it. We went to Blossom and met up with about 12 pilots. We all launched at about 4:30. I got about 1,000 over after 45 minutes of scratching and feeling out the unfamiliar territory. after getting up I headed OTB and went on glide to El Cap a local 2k' granite cliff that was awesome. Ridge soared there for about 20 minutes and went on glide back toward launch. Ended up a bit short and landed in a field. A local couple picked me up and took me back to launch. Overall a great weekend. Met some cool people and enjoyed the new experience.
Chip B
Chip Bartley

Return to Flight Discussion