Sat, Parma, 8:45

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Sat, Parma, 8:45

Postby Chris G » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:19 pm

Tentative meet time at Parma is 8:45. If it ODs early we'll modify it.
Chris G
Site Admin

Re: Sat, Parma, 8:45

Postby Chris G » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:46 pm

Nobody has anything to say about Saturday??

Huge group showed up for the early meet but by the time we got to launch it was socking in rapidly. We had an early window which we should have taken. After waiting another hour or two we finally got an opportunity. I launched with Art right behind me. Not much going on until we got to the Antenna Farm. Cloudbase dropped to ~2300 ft at the AF which didn't leave us much space to play. Lift was consistent and strong at times with 700fpm in places. Pretty good East drift too bit it didn't matter much. By the time we drifted halfway to the round house we were at cloudbase. Tony D came out and joined us in his paraglider with bones. After an hour Art and I had had enough and bailed for Parma. There was some good development halfway there which boosted me back to cloudbase. Getting into the LZ was a bit tricky in the East with super buoyant air and a bit chunky. Lots of folks had tricky landings.

After vacating Parma the crew headed to Bates for a little light playtime. It wasn't quite soarable but good enough to do touch and go's from one end of the lot to the other. Then Mini Mike suggested a run over to another mountain/ridge site which a few of us had a huck from. It has potential and there's a trail up the front to a lower portion.

All in all a satisfying day for some of us though those who waited too long at skyport got the short end of the stick.
Chris G
Site Admin

Postby Parma Chris » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:03 pm

Chris G wrote:Nobody has anything to say about Saturday??

All I know is;
I left SkyPort to do a Starbucks Run, 5 Lattes, 4 cups coffee (2 Black-2 cream & sugar) 3 green Tea's, 2 Rock Stars and one Prune Juice.

When I returned everybody was gone - So I drank it all, except the prune juice :shock: :shock: :shock:

All wired up:
I went out to More Mesa and managed to sneak a little ridge soaring in some light SE conditions.

`That is all I have to say’ :lol:
"FlynSB"
My YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/flynsb
My Picasa Pics --> http://picasaweb.google.com/FlynSB
Where I learned to FLY! --> http://eagleparagliding.com/
Parma Chris

Postby DBLD » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:52 pm

ya i flew before my prune juice got back. chris didn't you see that pink glow doing big ears to stay out of the clouds? :shock: the east was a little much for my taste cuz i'm a wus in the bag, but it was fun :lol: especially the backwards approach direction, that was different. came in low over the breakdown tree and still had to figure 8 to land in the middle. thought i was gonna be real sharp and cruise back up with the diver for some serious cloud streaking, but i found the short end of the stick on that one. :cry: DD
DBLD

Postby Chris G » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:01 pm

Pink glow?..You mean the pink streak?
Chris G
Site Admin

Postby Chip Bartley » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:48 pm

I like the 3rd site. Thanks mini Mike
Chip B
Chip Bartley

Return to Flight Discussion