Fast Eddie - Holding Steady

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Fast Eddie - Holding Steady

Postby Chip Bartley » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:38 am

I talked to Eddie this morning and he asked that I let everyone know that he is doing well and of course in good spirits as always. However, yesterday while landing his hanglider in Ojai he stepped in a gopher hole and compound fractured his tibia and fibula in 2 places on the left leg. He had surgery last night and is scheduled for 2 more surgeries 1 today to install rods and so on. He is going to be at County in Ventura later this afternoon.

His account is that he was landing up hill with a 10 mile an hour head wind. All was perfect and at the last minute he stepped in to a gopher hole and his leg snapped.

He keeps talking about getting in to the golf course maintenance business (Caddy shack).
Chip B
Chip Bartley

Re: Fast Eddie - Holding Steady

Postby Skippy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:03 am

Chip, thanks for the posting. Sounds like a painful break, and very unfortunate circumstances. Yikes. If you speak to him soon, please give him all my best. Hopefully, he'll recover real soon. Then, let's go huntn' them gophers, Caddy Shack style... :-)
Skippy
Skippy

Re: Fast Eddie - Holding Steady

Postby Tom Pipkin » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:18 pm

Eddy has been taking calls on his cell, 303-3339. Better yet, show your support by seeing him in person at Ventura County Medical Center. A little brotherly love just might help the healing process.
I wouldn't bother with email, he hasn't had computer access for quite some time.
Thanks for the heads up Chip.
Tom Pipkin

Return to Flight Discussion