Skyport March 4th

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Skyport March 4th

Postby Kabir C » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:05 pm

An interesting day indeed.
I knew that I was going to launch, It was just a matter of when.
After deciding that weather you went left or right didnt make much difference as far goin up or down. I opted for the Holly hills as my goal for the day (having never ventured there before..) figuring that i could always go join JD at the pit for some tree landing and hikes.
I guess I made it across on pure intention for there was some strong sink on the glide out. Of course, the most radical one right on top of the power lines.

Arrived at the little hill with the bald spot (??) right after the Pwr lnes and did S turns untill I felt comfortable doing 360 and then caught a nice thermal to about 3700 and worked my way up to the RnR.

I was double stoked for not only I made it to my personal goal (the H Hills) but all the way to 4500 above th RnR.
Since I was feeling lucky and wanting to go to the beach I opted to return the way I came hoping to find a bit of the lift that got me thus far.
No such luck.
Nothing but some turbulent glide pretty much all the way to Parma where I stumbled unto some lift that got me back to 2500 right over Parma wich I deemed not enought to chase Marty to the beach.

decided to call it a day and go land in order to thaw out my digits.

It was "amazing" to see how many landing options you could have in the same day

Did you guys see the C-130?
pretty radical..

kabir
Kabir C

Return to Flight Discussion