Just back from Valle

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Just back from Valle

Postby Chip Bartley » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:09 pm

Just got back last night and can't begin to say how much fun we all had. The flying was good all week and got GREAT the last couple of days. Things look as if they will be shaping up real good for the comp tomorrow. The house we all stayed in was high above the town overlooking the lake. It was 5 stories tall and full of about 20 or so pilots. Kevin's cooking was incredible as expected and the mix of personalities couldnt have been better.

Its amazing to show up at launch and look around to see 75 - 100 pilots waiting for the perfect time. Once in the air, the gaggle was thick and fast. The volcano and El Pinon where incredible sights and El Pinon was an insane source of lift. Aside from the lift, the energy I could feel when in its vacinity was intense. Rob and the rest of the instructor / pilots associated with the group i.e. Brad, Kevin, JD, Josh, Nick, Kevin and Chip H. where more than helpfull. They shared incredible amounts of hands on instruction in the air via radio and tandem flights. They also held small impromptu clinics and re-packs of our reserves. We flew twice a day and only missed 1 afternoon do to the weather. The thermals where fairly strong at times but organized. I hit over 1200+ up per min. several times and cloud base was a common occurance for most.. OTB there where options and most seemed to choose either the Lake landing in town or Jovans restaurant.

Flying with all these people from all over the world was awesome!! Having an entire town catering to the sport pilot community with billboards, signs, t-shirts and even a retail Paragliding store was a neat change from 99.99% of people not even knowing what the sport is. The kids where awesome and would meet us in the LZ's to fold our wings. One day I landed out and even the kids in the community where I ended up new the drill. They where awesome folders and for 5 pesos or .50 cents well worth it. I will post some pictures asap. Anyhow, its good to be back and I wish all our local pilots in Valle for the comp god-speed. See you all soon.
Chip B
Chip Bartley

Re: Just back from Valle

Postby irene » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:07 pm

waoh, sounds like a great trip. Yeah, post the pics !
irene
irene
irene

Return to Flight Discussion