Valle De Bravo

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Valle De Bravo

Postby andy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:52 pm

Okay so the local scene has slowed down with Greg becoming a professor, and what ever else it is that keeps us from flying, But it has been good lately.... I have had 4 days over 3.5k and 2 over 4k at Santa Barb with Seattle pilot Wayne Cox in tow and no posts... is it all up to me???? I have had some of the trashiest yet good air In this biosphere that I have felt in a long time. We have even been on the HG freq's and little John hasn't replied, so what is up?...... Lee-side flew about 3-4 hours on Mon. and I had 2 hours on Tues. with a couple of trips to the beach, We even saw Chad launch the Skyport and make the beach on Tues., what a rare sight....the alternator Master climb out over the skyport and make us all look like ametuers and make the beach with plenty to spare, while we are are trying to punch through the 35k inversion, I think he caught a lucky bubble that that got him high enough for beach patrol. We were reduced to to throwing down some nice WO's and AS360's over Parma to beat out the west that was light, but present.
Come on Aaron, et al Take some time off work and have some fun.....
Okay getting back to real life it is Carole K.'s Bday and she came out for a lesson and did awesome. Lets give her a great big BoooooYaaaaa for one more year and lets get flying Cheer..........

See Ya soon....Andy
andy

Re: Valle De Bravo

Postby Kabir » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:51 pm

It has indeed been good flying in this parts lately.
Even i got to go from Alternator to Parma yesterday.
Maybe it was because i got caught in the stremline form Marty's comp wing, as he flew past the thermal factory and then back to cienegitas.
Watch out valle! He's on serious race mode!

Wade Marty and Myself launched close together and we all boated around looking for lift.
at some point marty sensed something pulling him towards the top of westbowl and i followed.
He starting to go up and up and away.
I found a whole new gear for turning in a thermal (you are really ment to crank that turn to stay in after all...)
The lift was snoty at times, could not get past 4k or so.
Glided to cathedral (is that wat is called that point between west bowl and the R&R below la cumbre?) caught or got caught by a nice ripper (not sure yet) tanked up and proceeded to the R&R.
found no lift and since i was too low for my liking on the saddle followed the spine towards the H. Hills.
Caught some lift over the canyon to find myself at 3k over the round house.
(I couldn help to chuckle thinking that I got the round house higher coming from alternator than from skyport the day before. go figure..)
tryed to get high again but ended going to parma.
I sooo want to make it to the beach from alternator.

So.... how is Valle anyways?
Kabir

Return to Flight Discussion