Thursday Nut House anyone?

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Thursday Nut House anyone?

Postby DeVietti_Marty » Wed May 03, 2017 6:59 pm

I have been hankering for the steep hike with benefits for a while now...anyone able to come play?

If not fly, perhaps a shuttle form Nordoff HS? Last minute I know, but the forecast looks great for Ojai. Top of lift near 9k? what???

Marty
"I don't know if we each have a destiny or if we are all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze."

-Forrest Gump
DeVietti_Marty

Re: Thursday Nut House anyone?

Postby DeVietti_Marty » Thu May 04, 2017 6:02 pm

Nuthouse was Eh-pic....Clontzy and I hiked in sweltering heat at 10 am, launching at 12pm, through scratchy brush on a hard to follow trail, while surrounded by flies, but at least the air was inverted, windy and cross. Nonetheless, we were treated to sunny 85 degree heat, and returned to 60 degree cool bliss at home. Not the best first Hike and fly for Chris, but kudos for giving it a shot. Whew!

The forecast lies....but I had the day off, so what are you gonna do?

M
"I don't know if we each have a destiny or if we are all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze."

-Forrest Gump
DeVietti_Marty

Re: Thursday Nut House anyone?

Postby NMERider » Thu May 04, 2017 6:40 pm

DeVietti_Marty wrote:...The forecast lies....but I had the day off, so what are you gonna do?
M
Holy Hills, Marty!
I was just speaking fondly of you with Reavis this morning after Willy and I talked about flying Pine today. During our conversation I mentioned how the Vandenberg and San Diego balloon soundings looked horrendous in spite of the confluence of amazing forecasts along virtually every model for today. I talked about our last Pine adventure together w/ sd 8/16/15 and I'm trying to get these guys to come out. Wanna play host? If I give them the site intro it would be on par with Bub Screwloosekey's ex-spurt nitwitness testimony if you get my drift. :roll:
Anyhow, I always enjoy your reports and this one maintains the high bar for reporting you have set.
Thanks for the report and sorry about the weird weather.
Cheers,
Jonathan
3-Pineskateers.jpg
NMERider

Return to Flight Discussion