Tuesday flight, March 3, 2015- Skyport to Parma

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Tuesday flight, March 3, 2015- Skyport to Parma

Postby gracecab » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:57 pm

The tragedy with our brother Ron Faoro on Sunday will forever color my life. Though I knew Ron so briefly, I have been thinking about it since I heard the news. And today, standing on launch at Skyport, the thoughts were just as palpable, maybe more so.

Everyone who flew today had to have their own way of dealing with the knowledge of event, the loss of a friend and fellow pilot, and also, their way of paying their respect to a man who flew happily for many many years. No one needed to make a conversation about it...we all knew...and we were excited, as he would have been today, yet a bit more subdued, as you can imagine.

One by one, we suited up, as we do, and launched out into the place we all choose to enjoy life to its fullest. This makes us happy. This makes us feel alive, and we are glad for every second we get here. We are willing to take the chances of nature and our own humanity in order to obtain this fleeting ecstasy... as I brought my wing up over my head and launched out, the feeling inside my heart is that this is definitely worth it.

So, I chose to fly today. I'll pass on the details. This one was for Ron.
Chris Ballmer aka gracecab
Ventura, CA
UP Kantega XC2 / Gin Verso
gracecab

Re: Tuesday flight, March 3, 2015- Skyport to Parma

Postby cortfly » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:40 pm

Well said Chris, thank you. My feelings were the same. A spectacular day, joyous, and sad at the same time.
Cort
cortfly

Return to Flight Discussion