Fat Tuesday 1/27/15

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Fat Tuesday 1/27/15

Postby tommygun » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Big turnout this morning at Parma. Eagle Van was packed tight! Mostly shaded at launch with light cycles coming in at the Skyport. Ridge top launches appeared to be socked in with the post frontal clouds. Ron F. and Jim W. were off first with Matt H. soon to follow. I missed the maneuver of the day; possibly the year. Matts H.'s mid-air cravat removal from Bianca's Delta2 in front of the round house ridge. I heard he's thinking about charging for the service. Seems like money well spent!
I took off towards the back of the pack and had a good glide to the road cut and worked my way up towards the TF. Cloud base didn't allow me to get to TF proper and went on glide to Montecito Pk. Made it down to Castle ridge trying to catch up to Bianca, Matt, and Tahoe Eric, but hit some rowdy lift on the ridge. Should have just dealt with it and continued east. Looking at my vario tonight confirmed 1200fpm max lift. Made the glide to the beach off of Ash Ave. in Carp landing a block from my Condo. Furthest down range flight so far! Shooting for Ojai tomorrow! Flychild landed off of Linden Ave. Matt and Bianca ended up at Bates and Tahoe Eric continued onward flying his Buzz to Lake Casitas! Never heard where Ron F. or Jim W. ended up. I think everyone else landed at Parma. We were expecting to see westbound pilots coming over from the Nuthouse. It would be nice hear how it went over on that side of the pass. thanks to cracka for the retrieve!
tommygun

Return to Flight Discussion