So many toys, so little time.....

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

So many toys, so little time.....

Postby cortfly » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:02 pm

I couldn't join the Ojai/Pine crew today due to prior obligations, so I stayed local. Was able to catch up with Bart, Jon B, and Chris H. in the air after they had launched EJ bowl early, with good, somewhat punchy conditions. Bart took it up to 5500, headed for the beach, came back , climbed out again, and went to the beach again. We kept hearing reports from Sundowner as he worked his way high above the range from Ojai to SB. I headed over to Parma to catch up with Jon and Chris and get a ride back up to my car. From there I went out to the Santa Ynez airport and jumped in a sailplane, launching at 2:30. It doesn't usually work out there in the summer for the same reasons our mountains don't, but I had a feeling that with the ground temps at 103, it might pop. I released at 1500 ft AGL in a ripper right over the airport and took it to 6200. Spent the next 2 hours yo-yoing up and down in a rowdy mix of thermals and shear convergence, cruising all over the valley and cachuma, thankful for having non-collapsible wings ! What a day, can't wait to hear how it went out east, and where did Tom end up ?? :wink:
cortfly

Return to Flight Discussion