Nuthouse 7/5

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Nuthouse 7/5

Postby andy dainsberg » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:43 am

Fun summer Ojai conditions at the Nuthouse. (Although the Nuthouse Yeti really does not like Brendens Bench :() and it was not the day to forget bug spray...) It was calm until 1115 and then 5 different species showed up to thermal and it was on just like that. Easy up and out with mostly nice- but a couple snotty thermals- esp stooges where i left early after getting tossed. Mini-Ojai-xc flying is worth it if just for the experience of the Chief Spine Escalator (I know, I have to mention it every time). On some days all you need do is just get anywhere -even low- near Twin Peaks, then just point at Chief Peak and enjoy the ride straight up the spine... ground speed increases for the first half of it as you are drawn along and up and the air chills w your alt gains. I really appreciate the free ride physics of soaring this terrain.. i made maybe 1-2 turns from below the top of Twin Peaks to over the top of Chief Peak. Flew back to the trail head.
Hello Skyway
andy dainsberg

Re: Nuthouse 7/5

Postby BobA » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:20 am

Excellent! :D
The sky is calling.
BobA

Re: Nuthouse 7/5

Postby DeVietti_Marty » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:04 am

I never get tired of hearing about it. Thanks for sharing!
"I don't know if we each have a destiny or if we are all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze."

-Forrest Gump
DeVietti_Marty

Return to Flight Discussion