Flyin SB

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Flyin SB

Postby scott » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:07 pm

SB was crackin this last weekend.
Only my dad and JR was here for Sunday, Skippy and Lee joined us Monday. Everyone else out of town getting long distance else where I guess or just busy. We all launched Eliminator both days. It was 76 degrees at Parma and 96 at launch but it was blowing in and shaking the bushes below. Sunday was the best I climbed out at Launch and glided over to R&R about rock level, climbed too 4 grand plus quickly. Then glided to EJ bowl arriving above the ridge I decided to keep on to La Cumbra Peak and Climbed over 5200 ft. Then to VOR only loosing 1000 ft. I was able to get back up to 4800 ft. I was disappointed I was wearing only shorts and sandals with half capacity of water. There was a nice convergence cloud in the back range. I would love to hook up with Little Pine – Big Pine then get on course for the dessert or just fly back too town. Anyways I finished our normal lap VOR - Romero then to the beach. The glides were great lots of lift not much need to thermal. Monday was good slightly slower climb rate and lower altitude.
Congratulations to Dean on a Job well done.
I can’t wait to fly again.
Scott
How bout that report from the Owens. :shock:
scott

Re: Flyin SB

Postby scott » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:41 pm

Tomorrow I'm going to go fly eliminator. Parma 10:30 hope to see you there.
Scott :D
scott

Postby BobA » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:50 pm

Scotty,

The Owens was crackin' also...I posted a few pics:

http://spaces.msn.com/bob-shots/photos

Cheers,
:)
BobA

Postby scott » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:19 am

Wow, nice Pictures Bob,
I missed anther great Owens trip.

Sunday 9/10 was fun,
We got to eliminator launch around twelve o'clock.
Cycles were weak inversion was 500 over. Para pilots came down from the peak to report east winds.
I launched first and was able to maintain at launch. I flew towards R&R but had to get up at the tit. After some time I was able to transition back to the R&R I could get 3300 max then I headed toward EJ bowl too low I tried to work the spins below without luck so cruised over to Cathedral center spin low. I was able to get 2800 or so before leaving for west (stuck) bowl. There I worked everywhere I could wanting to push for VOR but my wife was on her way to the beach to get my Dad and Becker so I decided to head back toward the Holy Hills where I flew out to the beach with 2600.
It was interesting not one Para glider pilot would launch. Not one hang glider would follow me but I think I saw EJ’s shadow on glide west of Cathedral
:roll:
scott

Return to Flight Discussion