EJ Bowl to Fillmore

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

EJ Bowl to Fillmore

Postby Paul_Chris » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Went to SB without checking the weather ( to fly the training hill if nothing else), and lucked into a really nice day. Caught the full Eagle Van just in time. Conditions on launch were perfect...clouds forming at 3500 out front and blowing in at ~10mph. I hit all the typical low points, crossing the power lines just below the ridge. Max altitude was ~4900 at West Divide and the Chief's spine. The thermals started getting blown apart as I went through Ojai. I lost my patience climbing up Santa Paula ridge, but was able to surf downwind across the face and make it to the Sespe river bed. 4 hrs.
Paul_Chris

Re: EJ Bowl to Fillmore

Postby Aaron » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Bad ass! nice flyin Chris! Boated around La Cumbre Peak for a while enjoying those tasty, juicy marshmellows with lift everwhere. Howe, McKeller, and I went in pursuit of Chris P, when we saw him getting up at Monticito Peak. the clouds all quickly disappeared east of RR but lift was consistent to 3700ish. got 4100 at powerlines and came in Noon Peak below the knuckle and couldnt find a thang. eventually was forced to throw in the towel and landed at Cate school. Howe and McKeller left the powerlines at 4200 into a fat headwind and landed at Canalino Elementary. Thanks a million to kathleen and Bobby P for the retrieve! awesome day, just standing on launch had me slobbering all over the place.... several people were still up super highhhhh when we got back to parma at 3:30ish. wow!!!

IMG_1303.JPG
slobber slobber, drool drool

IMG_1312.JPG
newbie nick gettin a fat piece!!

IMG_1304.JPG
paradise!
Aaron

Re: EJ Bowl to Fillmore

Postby Sweet Pete » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:49 pm

LIke Snoop Dogg and Dre once said...."Ain't nuthing but a "G" thang...baaaabby!

Class G Airspace that is.... :wink:
Sweet Pete

Return to Flight Discussion