Saturday xc

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Saturday xc

Postby Bo Criss » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Nice day today, good heating and not too much wind. Launched Alternator and landed at Sarzotti park in ojai. 3 hours 15 minutes, so slow going bucking a slight northeast wind. All the spines were working but I had to be patient for the thermals to mature. Then they would be small and strong, and never took me higher than 100-150 feet over the main ridge. Got super low halfway between the powerlines and chismahoo, but patience paid off. When I crossed the 33 I went to the bump past the nuthouse and found nothing. I eeked my way out to the lowest hills in ojai and caught enough lift at each bump to get to the next one. Travelled a bit more east and realized nothing but orchards lay ahead. Flew straight out and found a park near the end of downtown's mainstreet with perfect green grass to land and fold. Neighbors gave me a ride ro the trolly, which took me to vons and a bus to Ventura, then a bus to Santa Barbara, and now I'm on a bus down state street to the 154 hwy, where I'll hike to the T. Another great adventure. Tomorrow looks similar, who's flying?
Bo Criss

Re: Saturday xc

Postby NMERider » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:33 pm

removed by author
Last edited by NMERider on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
NMERider

Re: Saturday xc

Postby andy dainsberg » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:08 am

what a great surprise to read that-! no limit to the spirit of adventure and skill of some. i found the day to be fun bopping around the in-town points and a nice high glide to the beach, but if i keep thinking it ain't an xc kind of day- it certainly won't be for me. (!!!) hope to follow you soon.
Hello Skyway
andy dainsberg

Return to Flight Discussion