Flight report Lakeview & King

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Flight report Lakeview & King

Postby Terry T » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:39 am

Day 1 Sugar hill broken zipper slider on launch, tough day hit a N. wind at Abert lake landed 3mi past Valley Falls 48mi 4.5hrs. of trying to keep my legs inside the harness I was ready to land anyway. Day 2 Sugar hill trophy dash 1st place I guess its a new record 57min. good thing it was a short flight I was beat, Day 3 Sugar to 15mi N. of Plush, finaly able to get some altitude 14k but not working well in the flats 55mi. Onward to King mountain Idaho day 1 no flying thunderstorms day 2 they called route 3. Over the back at 13k struggled to get up on the next range then a huge cell started dumping about 10mi down the valley (can you say gust front) I pussed out and landed 14mi. Day 3 route 3 again same thing landed with my tail between my leggs with lightning just ahead on course 13mi. Day 4 route 1 BIG AIR day topped out at launch 15.5k lite wind headed N up this beautiful range with 12k peaks and alpine lakes awesome views, some edgy thermals with 2000 fpm cores up to 16k. I got to the end of the range and decked it 1mi short of the May airport 66mi. Day 5 route 3 OTB to the Howe valley finally got over the next range and barely got over the next one after that but could not get back up in the flats 38mi 6th place for the day and 12th place for the meet. Bitchin place.
Terry T

Return to Flight Discussion