June gloom gone

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

June gloom gone

Postby andy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:05 pm

Today saw a break in the marine layer with early morning sunshine. Cumis were popping by 10:00 and we were up the hill to the skyport for a go at it. SA drove the new van up with some of us itching to fly and Carol's son Ben along for a tandem flight.
I was up first and scratched around launch in some light lift finally leaving about 100 below launch making it to the AF with room to spare--love that trango--scratched around in little pops for awhile until it started lifting the it was up to base at about 2700, was joined by Rob and boated around in easy to find, but hard to stay in lift. Base kept edging up over the AF finally getting to 3100, but at the TF Greg Brown was to 39. Finally broke through and got up to TF and played around in the turb generated by the North skimming the top of the bubble. After about 75 min of local airtime it looked as though the West was blowing through on the ocean so I headed out to land, but found Lee marking some nice lift over the Monestary, we milked it for all it had and made the play to the beach. Kabir reported 4400 over the Alternator, and I heard that Hammer et al. were soaring the peak ridge getting up to 5800 with some lap action going on later in the day.
Maybe working tomorrow?
andy

Return to Flight Discussion