Eliminator/Skyport Sunday

Past, present, and future flights, meeting times & places, theory.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Eliminator/Skyport Sunday

Postby Tony de Groot » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:26 pm

After reading the posts I realize where all the paragliders were, at Alternator. We had a nice group of pilots at Eliminator after Tom Mayer graciously drove us all up. It was a bit chilly at launch, hey that's good isn't it. It was and birds were climbing out all over and so we all set up and dove off and we all climbed out...wait, well most of us climbed out, some were enjoying their great glide to the beach. Played in the back bowls between RR and EJ Bowl with Zippy flying tandem. Followed Aaron over to the Peak where we didn't get much and then Aaron went to Cathedral and I skirted the back bowls and we reconvened at RR where I got up to 4400 feet momentarily. Bob Anderson, now known as "Bagger Bob" I think he joined the dark side. ;) joined up and led Aaron and I to the Thermal Factory, then Shadow, then Montecito, then he went all in to Romero and wasn't doing much and Aaron cranked the VG and was off to the beach and I milked my way back and to Parma. Bob did make it back which was very nice. Thumbs up.

Scotty was also out charging low and fast, amazing and Li'l John was tagging points far and away. Nice day and nice lift and light winds. Roland came to visit and picked some pilots up at the beach and came over with a cold Sierra Nevada for Zippy and myself at Parma. That went down VERY nicely. Great day.
Tony DG Oh yeah, 2.15 hours, 4400 ft
Tiger
Tony de Groot

Re: Eliminator/Skyport Sunday

Postby Parma Chris » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:40 pm

Twas a very fun day!
"FlynSB"
My YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/flynsb
My Picasa Pics --> http://picasaweb.google.com/FlynSB
Where I learned to FLY! --> http://eagleparagliding.com/
Parma Chris

Postby tom mayer » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:21 pm

Yeah, yeah, Now we all know who "enjoyed" their glide to the beach don't we Tiger?! So after flying through the house thermal and being 100' below launch, I decided to try to get back to the RR. Diving at the TT ridge I pushed out and went over the other side with about 20 feet to spare to find nada, waffled around the Holy Hills and power of prayer with the Kipster then went over to the Antenna farm got a little bit of gas and headed to Parma to join the other losers. Got to Parma with 1800, thought about the embarrassment of it all and decided to turn South and go sulk by myself at the beach. Arrived with almost 1500, and wrung out my sorrows with a couple of loops. It wasn't until I was driving home when I realized how much gliding around without the benefit of lift or skill that I did.
tom mayer

Postby Kabir » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Li'l John over painted cave:
Its always nice to se friends flying by..
Attachments
IMG_1736.jpg
Kabir

Return to Flight Discussion